- Prov. 24:19-20 "Fret not yourself because of evildoers, and be not envious of the wicked, for the evil man has no future; the lamp of the wicked will be put out." Contemplating the future fate the the wicked challenges us in 2 ways. 1. We don't need to be afraid of them; their doom is sure. 2. We would be foolish to envy someone whose future is so dismal.
- We're studying elders and deacons in the preaching at GBC these days. Here is a nicely categorized summary of 1 Timothy 3:1-7 (qualifications of elders) from David Murray. I plan to preach on this Sunday; maybe I should borrow his outline.
- Here's a little gem from William Hendriksen on parenting (commenting on the qualification of an overseer/elder managing his household, raising his children well.) "...that the father's firmness makes it advisable for a child to obey, that his wisdom makes it natural for a child to obey, and that his love makes it a pleasure to obey."
- Some thoughts of mine on an adoption I recently witnessed.
- Kindle Deals - Kevin DeYoung's helpful book on scripture, Taking God at His Word, is just $.99. Relationships: A Mess Worth Making by Tim Lane and Paul Tripp is a helpful work on, well, relationships and it's free! The Art of Neighboring is $1.99 - This is a great book on loving your neighbor, literally. The ones who live next door to you. It's worth all 199 pennies it will cost you.
Happy Friday...hope it's a great one.
Some miscellaneous musings from Pastor Aaron.
When I quote Scripture In this blog, unless otherwise indicated, the quotations are usually from The ESV® Bible (The Holy Bible, English Standard Version®), copyright © 2001 by Crossway. Used by permission. All rights reserved.