- Things that made me happy this week: a clear answer to prayer; the US advanced to the knockout round in the World Cup.
- Things that made me sad this week: court after court has been overturning same-sex marriage bans in state after state. Wednesday it happened to Indiana's ban; Thursday a same-sex couple was "married" in Warsaw, IN.
- I'm contemplating a Saturday evening feature at the blog - thoughts to help prepare for Sunday worship. This one was from last Saturday. Who knows if this will become a regular feature, but who doesn't need a little help getting ready for worship?
- If you're looking at pornography, you need to stop. Tim Challies gives 7 good reasons why. (If this is a battle you're losing and need help, don't be afraid to ask. Talk to your pastor; Contact us; get help.)
- When you go to church, where do you sit? Here are some good reasons to SIT IN THE FRONT! Go on, read it. It's funny (maybe he'll convince you).
- Kindle Deals - I've highlighted this book before, but now it is available in Kindle format for $.99 (regular price, I think). If you're hearing people and churches claiming that the Bible condones homosexual orientation and behavior, this will help answer those claims. If you haven't heard these arguments, you likely will soon. Be ready. Some things are always free for Kindle. Like Pilgrim's Progress and the ESV version of the Bible (You can also get it without cross references). At our house, we like to say, "If it's free, it's for me!"
Back after a week off.
Some miscellaneous musings from Pastor Aaron.
When I quote Scripture In this blog, unless otherwise indicated, the quotations are usually from The ESV® Bible (The Holy Bible, English Standard Version®), copyright © 2001 by Crossway. Used by permission. All rights reserved.