1. Listen to the weekly Sunday sermon as if your life depended on it.
2. Look for God’s remedies for sin and His instructions for living in a sinful world.
3. Expect to be taught by the Holy Spirit as you hear God’s Word proclaimed.
4. Be determined to listen…regardless of the speaker’s oratory skills.
5. A profitable Bible message is one that delivers one life transforming truth.
6. Pre-commit to apply and obey God’s Word as it is set forth in the sermon.
Here also is a helpful blog post by Philip Ryken on how to listen to a sermon. He emphases a prepared soul, alert mind, open Bible, receptive heart, and readiness to put what you hear into practice. Enjoy! And when you listen to your next sermon, make sure you walk away the better for it.