- Proverbs 19:3 "When a man's folly brings his way to ruin, his heart rages against the LORD." Funny how we often blame others for the problems we have caused ourselves. We get in trouble by our folly and then we're foolish enough to blame God for it.
- Al Mohler on the Osteens. "The problem with Prosperity Theology is not that it promises too much, but that it aims for so little. What God promises us in Christ is far above anything that can be measured in earthly wealth..."
- Looking for something to do on a Friday night? Come down to Warsaw's First Friday and check out the GBC table and say hello (if it's not raining!).
- Kindle Deals - Westminster Books is offering a stack of P&R Publishing titles for $1.99 in e-book format. (Buying them this way is not as seamless as doing so through Amazon, but once you get it set up, it shouldn't be too bad.) This offer ends tomorrow!
- Any doubts about whether there are really any significant differences between Protestantism and Christianity? Check out this sad, sad tweet from the Pope:
Welcome to September!
That's a different gospel, friends. That denies that the sufficiency of the work of Christ whereby I am adopted as one of God's children. That's offensive to God and as one of his children, it is offensive to me. I suppose it's possible he could mean "orphan" in the sense of having lost 1 parent, but even then he's unbiblical since Mary is not anywhere called our mother.
Some miscellaneous musings from Pastor Aaron.
When I quote Scripture In this blog, unless otherwise indicated, the quotations are usually from The ESV® Bible (The Holy Bible, English Standard Version®), copyright © 2001 by Crossway. Used by permission. All rights reserved.