So Why was He Born?
The saying is trustworthy and deserving of full acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am the foremost. - 1 Timothy 1:15
...For I came not to call the righteous, but sinners. - Matthew 9:13
For the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost. - Luke 19:10
...But as it is, he has appeared once for all at the end of the ages to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself. - Hebrews 9:26
even as the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many. - Matthew 20:28
You know that he appeared to take away sins, and in him there is no sin...The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the works of the devil. - 1 John 3:5,8
...I came that they might have life and have it abundantly. - John 10:10
How Should We Respond?
1. Acceptance. Believe! This Christmas could be your best ever if you trusted in this Christ who came to save sinners like you and me from our sins.
2. Humility. He sought us; not the other way around. He saved us because we cannot save ourselves.
3. Gratitude. How could we not be thankful for the greatest gift?
4. Worship. Glory to the newborn King, indeed!
5. Joy. Our hearts must sing with gladness. Joy to the world: The Lord is come and is coming again!
6. Peace. The Prince of Peace secures our peace with God and we, then, can have peace within.
7. Obedience. If he came to destroy the work of the devil, we must not continue in it.
8. Tell Others. This is not a message to be kept to ourselves.
May we delight in this Christ this time of year and always!